Keep Australia Beautiful Week kicks off on Monday 19 August and there are no two ways about it.
Littering is just plain wrong.
To highlight this message, we are encouraging everyone to get involved in our ‘Littering Is Wrong Too’ campaign.
You can enter your humorous ‘wrong’ for the chance to win one of five $500 weekly, as well as the chance to win one of 20 free whopper vouchers in each state and territory thanks to Hungry Jack’s. You can show your support in any of the following ways:
- Go to litteringiswrongtoo.org.au
- Please post your photo of your ‘Wrong’ on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- ‘LIKE’ the “Keep Australia Beautiful National” Facebook Page and post or tag your ‘wrong’ and photo on the KAB page.
- Twitter text: Littering is just plain wrong. Write your ‘wrong’ at LitteringIsWrongToo.org.au @KABNAHQ #litteringiswrongtoo
- Instagram Name: Littering Is Wrong Too #litteringiswrongtoo #keepaustraliabeautiful
The results of the annual National Litter Index will also be released during the week to reveal just how much, and what type of, rubbish continues to litter our streets, beaches, parks and other public places.
Schools: Litter fact sheets and campaign promotional materials will soon be available from this website. Classroom activities could include students creating their own tagline and ‘Littering is Wrong Too’ posters for entering into our competition.
Community Groups: Help spread the word via your networks to encourage your participants and supporters to get involved with the competition. KAB Week is also a good time to plan a local litter clean up and generate some media support for your work utilizing our campaign materials and messages.